Flowserve Corporation Database Engineer - Configure, Price, Quote. in Newark, United Kingdom
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This diverse, and high profile position, will act as an integral member of a global team tasked with improving Flowserve’s customer-facing tools as well as streamlining the order process after a business unit receives an order.
This includes furthering the strategic deployment of \"Affinity\", the Company’s proprietary CPQ (Configure Price Quote) Software for pumps.
The software and team are key to achieving primary business objectives by enabling fast, accurate, and competitive quotations for customers, and bill of material generation for business units, across a broad pump product portfolio. The selected candidate will manage the inclusion and enhancement of technical product information within the database to ensure the Affinity software enables customer-facing success through the Company’s global order acquisition and sales organizations. Incumbent will work under the direction of the resident system expert and receive Affinity toolkit training.
• Ability to use logic based software, applications, build data tables, and manage data.
• Understand mechanical engineering concepts in order to interpret the mathematical and hydraulic principals of pumps.
• Be able to recognize any deficiencies in the current pump selection program, address database errors, and make improvements as required.
• Ability to seek out and interpret engineering data, material data, pump hydraulics and application specification details.
• Be able to recognize when the previously stored engineering data may be in error.
• Identify opportunities and mechanisms to improve the end user experience and business outcomes.
• Partner across a global team to achieve group objectives and milestones.
• Work closely with Engineering, Product Management, Supply Chain and Sales across multiple business units.
• BSc in Engineering OR Engineering Technology
• Experience with CPQ software (Configure Price Quote) and/or experience with BOMs (Bill of Materials) preferably as an end user.
• Pump or other rotating equipment experience is required
• Familiarity with sales, pump applications, customer pump specifications is a plus.
• Self-motivated, good attention to detail, strong problem solving skills, and excellent organizational skills are required.
• Experience and ability to analyze and improve a process (CIP)
• Knowledge of programming language (Java, Swift, VB.NET, etc) would be a huge benefit to this role.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Database Engineer - Configure, Price, Quote.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Primary Posting Location:
Auto req ID: