Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Rancho Dominguez, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Application Engineer sees it all—design, manufacturing, installation and operation of our mechanical seals at our customers’ sites in the oil and chemical industries. The Application Engineer (AE) provides technical support to our customers and is an extension of our sales force so that our customers select the right seals and sealing systems ensure proper seal and sealing systems, and successfully install and operate our products. In this challenging position, the AE is actively engaged in troubleshooting problems and implementing solutions. Assist the sales team and customers to select the most appropriate seal and sealing system for the specific industrial application. Provide technical guidance about successful installation and operation of our products. Help conduct technical training for our customers.
· Complete projects requiring both mathematical and hands-on approaches resulting in independent evaluation, such as failure analysis reports, product performance reports, and recommendations for upgrades, etc.
· Troubleshoot technical problems at our customers’ sites and in-house at our Flowserve Quick Response Repair Center
· Assist in developing new methods of solving problems and modifying seal designs to meet customer needs and improve seal life
· Present clear verbal and written technical explanations to customers, tailoring content and style to the audience
· Act as liaison between customers, sales engineers, customer service, and manufacturing
· Maintain data in engineering systems; process engineering change notices; submit corrective action reports; and maintain current, accurate, and organized files
· BS Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree required
· Knowledge of the design, materials, and operational requirements of mechanical seals and rotating equipment, including pumps, required
· All levels of experience will be considered, including new grads and mid-career
· Must have a strong customer focus and project a positive corporate image
· Must be a team player, able to work with constructively with customers and co-workers
· Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and work to specific deadlines
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Primary Posting Location:
Rancho Dominguez, California US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: