Flowserve Corporation Accountant in Vernon, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The primary function of the Accountant is to provide support and financial reporting for the Vernon operation including all North American Pump Service Centers. This position will primarily be responsible for processing Intercompany Transactions as well as executing the month end close procedures to ensure accurate financial data. This position will also perform ad hoc projects for the Vernon Finance group and assist with Vernon Finance day to day operations.
• Intercompany accounting: Distribute AR statements. Assist in review and resolution of aged AR invoices. Prepare payments via Global Netting, apply payments received and reconcile intercompany AP and AR during the close to ensure all North American Baan sites balance with all other intercompany sites.
• Support Baan to Oracle load: Monitor and record daily load from Baan to Oracle.
• Add account to department mapping where needed.
• Monthly balance Baan Trial Balance with total exports to Oracle.
• SOX Control/Audit participation: Participate in regular performance, monitoring and testing of all SOX controls, as well as assist in External and Internal Audits.
• Purchase Card Expense Report Audit: Audit all P-Card statements to ensure compliance with company policy.
• Prepare and book P-Card expense allocation Journal Entry.
• Balance Sheet Reconciliations: Prepare account reconciliations for Intercompany AP, Intercompany AR.
• Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 2– 3 years of accounting experience within a large organization, manufacturing industry is highly desirable.
• 5+ years minimum experience in accounting.
• Advanced functions with Excel required (Pivot tables, Vlook ups, etc)
• Working knowledge of US GAAP and SOX regulations required
• Intercompany accounting required
• Experience with Baan ERP, Oracle GL and SAP/BPC Reporting systems a plus
• Extensive Excel 2010 knowledge and knowledge of Microsoft Access
• Project management capabilities
• Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Primary Posting Location:
Vernon, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Job Posting Category:
Finance & Accounting
United States of America
Auto req ID: