Flowserve Corporation Design Engineer in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
• Reviews complete technical documentation package to validate product performance against customer requirements and suggests modifications where required
• Develops completed bill of materials, general arrangement drawings, and other technical documentation for all “build-to-order” and “configure-to-order” products as required to release order to production
• Selects components and assemblies to ensure compliance with project specifications, including mechanical seals, seal auxiliary systems, drivers and other specified components
• Prepares project plans in accordance with customer/contract requirements
• Trains Associate Engineers
• Prepares and releases technical job documentation
• Provides assistance to sales, tech services, service centers & customers to develop work scope required in solving equipment problems through pump/system/operations modifications & upgrades via technical/commercial proposals.
• Apply programs & methods of solving problems and modify existing product designs to meet customer needs & to improve product life.
• Establish & maintains close working relationships with the Sales, Ops, OA and other functions to promote the company’s best interests.
• Perform against a set of approved centralized/regional KPIs.
• Assist sales and tech services with preparation of customer presentations on ongoing projects.
• Conduct design analyses using calculations, FEA’s, & other design verification methods and document the results
• Support service centers in inspection & analysis of pump elements.
• Interact with Engineered Services team, Product & Engineering Specialists, Product Management to determine “as needed” solutions to complicated pump problems.
• Work with other Design Engineers to promptly investigate & resolve shop floor problems relating to design or quality issues; record & report findings, make corrections & help develop and implement permanent, cost effective solutions.
• Identify new/improved design standard and procedural documents.
• Responsible for identifying upgrades opportunities from repair inspection, when feasible.
• Engineering degree or equivalent and/or 2-5 years related experience
• Computer-Assisted Design/3-Dimensional design
• Engineering documentation, drafting, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
• Effective oral and written communications
• Collaborative interpersonal skills
• Advanced project management tools, methods and applications
• Accountability and execution for completing work timely and to specifications
• Strong proficiency in engineering & design software
• Fundamental understanding of pump applications and types; clear understanding of hydraulic fundamentals and how these relate to pumps and pump systems.
• Team-oriented; values communication and involvement of others
• Able to effectively self-manage; makes decisions around priorities
• Capable of working closely with internal and external customers (face to face or by telephone) and having good verbal and written communication skills
• High standard of written & spoken English; strong PC skills; additional language skills desirable
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
Primary Posting Location:
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: