Flowserve Corporation Machinist - 2nd or 3rd Shift in Bridgeville, Pennsylvania
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
MACHINIST 2nd/3rd SHIFT
· Set-up large castings and forgings to best possible conditions.
· Complete turning, boring, milling, drilling and tapping operations on engine lathes and milling machines and other conventional machine shop equipment.
· Work on split components that includes face-milling and bolting together of 2 parts, then machining as 1 piece.
· Set-up and operate facing heads and tapping heads.
· Set-up and machine large casting in the VTL within .001 and machine to drawings
· Hold tolerances to within .001
· Utilizing overhead crane, lift and maneuver large castings for set-up into conventional machine tools
· Proficient with digital readouts.
· Other duties may be required.
REQUIRES ABILITY TO:
· Understand the product and process flow of specific department.
· Establish and maintain open lines of communications with all associates.
· Good time management and organizational skills.
· Able to handle work accurately and swiftly under tight time constraints.
· Take the initiative and ownership for their area.
· Able to resolve problems quickly.
· Work overtime hours as needed, including weekends.
TRAINING & EDUCATION REQUIRED:
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Previous experience with large cast components and forgings.
· Minimum of three (3) years of Machining experience.
· Ability to read and follow route sheets/Blueprints.
· Work well with people.
· Strong communication skills.
· Organizational skills.
· Product/Process knowledge.
· Self –Starter.
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Machinist - 2nd or 3rd Shift
Primary Posting Location: Bridgeville, Pennsylvania US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 5%
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Relocation Eligible: No
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 44096BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.