Flowserve Corporation Engineer in Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
To work with demanding customers who specify high performance products, to understand and clarify those specifications and convert them into detailed designs. Verification of the designs shall be achieved through calculation methods and where required, an agreed testing program.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of industrial experience working in an engineering role
· A Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent
· Progressing towards or interest in becoming a Chartered Engineer
· A Valid UK Passport which is a prerequisite to obtaining UK government clearance
· Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor or similar 3D CAD packages, with an ability to create 2D detailed drawings whilst applying an understanding of limits, fits and tolerances.
· Can communicate effectively with employees and customers to facilitate relationships supporting Commercial Operations and customers
· Can interpret customer’s technical procurement specifications to produce detailed designs, as well as manufacturing and test procedures.
· Has the confidence to chair design reviews with customers which include the presence of various stake holders who will be scrutinising the design, calculations, functionality and proposed testing of designs against their specifications.
· Some familiarity in using and applying Finite element analysis – ANSYS simulation or similar software
· Can perform static stress calculations, ideally some experience using tools such as MathCAD
· Familiarity with FMEA and failure rate prediction
· Has proficient technical report writing
· Is self-driven with the ability to work individually to tight deadlines and take initiative.
· Willingness for occasional travel
· Experience running customer driven design project, providing project plans and status reports, leading design reviews with the customer
· Some Knowledge or understanding of the design codes relating to pressure retaining equipment
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Haywards Heath, GB
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.