Flowserve Corporation Welder in Houston, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum of three (3) years welding experience in a job shop environment.
· Pass Flowserve approved welder qualifications in accordance with ASME Section IX standards for SMAW, GTAW, and GMAW processes.
· Read, interpret, and comply with weld and heat treat procedures, policies, and blueprints.
· Use approved welding processes to perform various welding tasks, such as joining pieces of similar and sometimes dissimilar metals, weld pipe to castings, weld overlays, excavate and repair weld, etc…
· Pass a vision test for visual acuity (corrected or uncorrected) and color blindness.
· Read, write, and communicate in the English language.
· Work overtime, as required.
· Use basic computer programs and software.
· Work well with others.
· Product/Process knowledge.
· Be self-motivated in pursuit of self and organization goals.
· Maintain organization skills.
Following Flowserve approved procedures, the candidate must be able to interpret various weld and manufacturing blueprints and perform fillet and/or groove welding using SMAW, GTAW, and GMAW processes on metal casting, plate, and pipe made from various types of metal. Also, using Flowserve approved procedures, the candidate must be able to perform heat treat processes and verify hardness requirements using calibrated mechanical and electronic testing equipment.
Trade school or equivalent post high school training a plus.
ASME, ASTM Welder qualifications a plus.
Identify discontinuities within welds using visual examination methods. Liquid Penetrant or Magnetic Particle testing experience a plus.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Houston, Texas US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: