Flowserve Corporation Accountant in Kadoma City, Japan
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
• Oversee and coordinate day-to-day Sales and Costing matters in Osaka QRC
• Daily JL entries and preparing payment transactions in Osaka QRC
• Provide accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting data for Seal business in Japan that is in compliance with Japan GAAP, US GAAP and company policy.
• Ensure full compliance with local laws relating to statutory audit, tax, GST/VAT, etc.
• Have a robust process of analyzing the financial results, identify and communicate deviations from plan. Make recommendations for potential solutions and improvements and support Accounting Supervisor with timely and accurate financial data as and when required.
• Constantly evaluate risk areas and strengthen internal controls and where necessary develop additional processes to ensure compliance with all relevant policies and procedures.
• Partner effectively with the Finance supervisor to drive results. Act as a sounding board and provide support on the financial decision and governance.
• This position is based in Kadoma city in Osaka
University degree, with a BS in Accounting or equivalent, chartered accountant
Strong cost accounting knowledge and experience
5 years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment
Knowledge of ERP system is a must and Oracle system is an advantage
Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS will be an advantage
Strong communication and interpersonal skills and challenging spirits to new roles with logical thinking
English: good in reading and writing and adequately speak to maintain conversation
Strong Excel skills
• Work closely work with Accounting Supervisor of Sales & Operations in execution of product strategy reliable costing mechanism are primary financial objectives
• Ensuring financial information are reported in compliance with both US and Japan reporting requirement
• promoting efficiency and effectiveness of the Internal Control in the operations
• effective and efficient use of shared finance resources in ensuing smooth running of the accounting department, month end closing, cooperating with Internal Audit and managing of Japan statutory audit
• Working capital control
• Periodical cash flow forecasting
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Job Posting Category:
Finance & Accounting
Primary Posting Location:
Kadoma City, JP
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.