Flowserve Corporation Engineer in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Gaspac Department is responsible for providing technical solutions to support Flowserve gas compressor seals. Flowserve is seeking a Mechanical Engineer at our Kalamazoo, MI mechanical seal operations facility. In this position the engineer will conduct basic level engineering analysis impacting design, manufacture, testing and application of gas compressor seals into supporting equipment in the turbo machinery industry. Sales engineers and Manufacturing will depend upon the engineer’s knowledge and analytical support regarding all aspects of compressor seal design, dynamic operation and trouble-shooting efforts to support our customers.
· Support Gaspac Engineers in providing technical recommendations for the selection, sizing and application of Flowserve gas compressor seals
· Perform the required engineering analyses (such as FEA, system flow balance, hydraulic calculations, etc) to properly design and apply Flowserve gas compressor seals
· Learn to evaluate failed seals to generate inspection reports and formal failure analysis reports
· Learn to use and apply fundamental root cause analysis practices to resolve design, field or testing problems
· Manage test projects / jobs for the Gas Compressor group that include tester design, test plans, test operation, instrumentation recommendations and test report generation
Bachelor of Science degree in a technical discipline with a preference of Mechanical Engineering
0 to 2 years of related rotating equipment preferred.
Demonstrates behavior that contributes to a team environment, decision making, problem solving and continuous improvement
Strong mechanical seal aptitude and customer focus.
Ability to use engineering analytical tools
Computer literate with CAD and standard windows programs
Familiarity with Autodesk Inventor and FEA software a plus
Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Knowledge of mechanical seals and rotating equipment (preferably gas compressors) desired.
Primary Posting Location:
Kalamazoo, Michigan US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: