Flowserve Corporation Buyer in Rancho Dominguez, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· 3+ years of relevant purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field highly desired.
· Working knowledge of ERP/MRP, proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
· Professional, clear, and articulate speaking skills on the phone and in person.
· Good writing skills.
· Capable, accurate math understanding and skills.
· Must project a collaborative, result-oriented approach.
· Must be able to resolve conflict and deal diplomatically with vendors, managers, and customers, and project a positive corporate image.
· Ability to stay calm in the face of deadlines and multiple demands.
· Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and work to specific deadlines with minimum supervision.
· Dependable, reliable attendance and a strong work ethic.
· Regularly evaluate suppliers in terms of quality, delivery, commercial and technical development.
· Create and maintain accurate, organized records.
· Audit the inventory records to ensure inventory accuracy.
Understand and comply with legal requirements (e.g., SOX, Export Compliance, Terms and Conditions, ISO, FCPA, etc.)
The Buyer is a pivotal role at Flowserve’s Quick Response Repair Center located in Rancho Dominguez, CA. The Center provides our customers in the oil & gas, chemical, power, and water industries the highest quality, on-time service for pumps and machined parts. The Buyer ensures that production materials and parts are available to meet production schedules. The buyer negotiates purchase agreements, monitors delivery schedules, handles returns, and establishes good relationships with multiple vendors.
· Purchase finished goods and raw materials, such as machined parts, castings, forgings, bar metals, and shop supplies.
· Make sourcing decisions that demonstrate a solid understanding of commercial terms, price quotes, discounts, schedules, etc.
· Negotiate terms with vendors, considering lead-times and operational capacity, delivery terms, and payment terms. Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the vendors and the Company so as to establish win-win agreements and relationships.
· Help resolve billing, delivery, and return issues with suppliers.
· Resolve problems with the right level of initiative, collaboration, and perseverance to satisfy requests while following procedures.
· Find alternative options for supplying unavailable products and services.
· Communicate status and issues regularly with Engineering, Receiving, Manufacturing, and Customer Support.
· Demonstrate proficiency with Company products, procedures, and operating systems. Work with MRP system, and as needed, with sales and engineering information systems.
· Obtain basic parts information from blueprints.
· Work to meet financial objectives by monitoring and reporting on costs, investigating variances, and recommending new approaches to reduce costs.
Primary Posting Location:
Rancho Dominguez, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: