Flowserve Corporation Project Manager in Ridgefield, Washington
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Regional Project Manager ensures that Flowserve meets our commitments on complex aftermarket orders related to repairs, upgrades, hydraulic rerates, and maintenance of rotating pumps and equipment for our customers in industries such as oil, chemical, pharmaceutical, municipal water/wastewater, and power. These complex projects involve technical challenges, substantial risk, and multiple service centers, and they may cross state and international boundaries. The position reports to the AMSS Manager of Project Management, North America and can be located in Ridgefield, WA, United States facilities.
Duties include, but not limited to:
· Leads kickoff meetings and phase gate meetings to coalesce strategies into actions. Identifies stakeholders and analyzes their expectations.
· Ensures contractual requirements are understood and reflect what has been negotiated.
· Assists the project team to develop the scope of supply, to translate work breakdown structure into an activity-based schedule and to identify the critical path. Helps the team to prepare key project management documents.
· Communicates project specifications, terms and conditions to key suppliers.
· Leads project review meetings and collaborates with all disciplines during the project, including engineering, operations, and sales, to ensure that Flowserve delivers on-time, on budget, and to the highest quality standards.
· Tracks progress towards budget objectives. Monitors our on-time invoice submissions and cash collections.
· Develops communication plans. Gathers and integrates reports, data, and information to communicate regular, accurate status and forecasts to all stakeholders, including customers. Presents project progress to management on a routine basis.
· Identifies and manages risks, and ensures that contingency plans are established for all key milestones, and triggered if necessary. Ensures that contract changes are documented, approved, and integrated into the project plans.
· Captures lessons-learned as they occur, then documents and shares them with stakeholders.
· Demonstrates a commitment to effective, standardized project management. Motivates, coaches and influences team members to learn and use project management tools and to follow best practices. Engages personnel at Flowserve’s service centers to actively participate in project teams and to assist project management efforts.
· Monitors and coach customer support personnel to make sure that bookings are timely and that customers’ orders are acknowledged appropriately.
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering, or equivalent education and experience.
· Minimum 5 years of industrial experience in rotating or fixed equipment and/or equipment packages will be required.
· Minimum 3+ years of experience in project management is required.
· Deep understanding of project management concepts, with a high proficiency in project management tools and software.
· Strong understanding of how documents, materials, parts flow through the manufacturing environment.
· Self-motivated with a desire to drive a project management culture throughout the region.
· A process-oriented mindset, and a demonstrated ability to analyze processes and to provide suggestions for improvement.
· A personal style that is achievement-oriented and collaborative, with the ability to coach others and discuss problems in a way that gets results, promotes teamwork, and builds relationships
· Demonstrated success in forming, leading, and sustaining cross-functional teams and meetings.
· Firmly demonstrated mental and physical organizational skills to break down and sort work into tasks; to identify and order priorities; to establish, communicate, and execute schedules; and to maintain data and files that are current and retrievable
· A professional demeanor with clear and positive verbal and written communication skills.
· Computer savvy, and a skilled user of Microsoft Office programs.
· Overnight travel occasionally required.
Experience in pumps or rotating equipment.
Primary Posting Location:
Ridgefield, Washington US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.