Flowserve Corporation Manager, Commercial Operations in Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Hire, on-board, train, develop and engage quoting resources, while providing daily guidance in support of performance goals. Draft development plans and provide feedback to ensure team members are growing their capabilities.
· Lead and manage a team of quoting resources and team leads in the consistent generation of high quality, on time, value priced proposals, as well as clean order transfers.
· Ensure process compliance and training related to customer facing policies and procedures, as well as proper oversight of team members relative to enforcement.
· Engage in the creation and implementation of best practices (how to quote more effectively, reducing cycle times of proposals, improving hit-rate, etc...) aimed at improving the acquisition and execution of opportunities, while using expertise to improve the effectiveness of team members.
· Enhance performance by analyzing and measuring performance metrics to ensure that resources are effectively utilized and optimized, while managing workload across the team.
· Coordinate and lead interface with applicable stakeholders to ensure effective collaboration and clear communication on activities.
· Manage expenses for area of responsibility while ensuring resources are utilized effectively. Participate in department budget setting and monitoring throughout the year.
· Enhance process compliance related to application of tools, systems, and customer facing policies and procedures.
· Embrace the Flowserve values and ensure that all team members are effectively engaged
· Translate the Flowserve vision into actionable strategies through distributor network.
· Train channel partners on Flowserve products, quotation & ordering systems.
· Lead project coordination calls and develop sales strategies on projects
· Endeavor to improve Flowserve's ease of doing business by driving policy changes
· Manage customer service attributes of Distribution Support Group (DSG) and maintain high distributor satisfaction
· Project Applications Engineer for large Original Equipment (OE) opportunities through distribution when needed
· Report to upper sales management on business activity and bookings on a regular basis
· Manage and ascertain accuracy of all support tools and software for distribution sales.
· Support market level price tracking on core Flowserve products sold through distribution.
· Distributor Representative for operations management teams. Communicate issues and resolve conflicts
· Market to distribution latest Flowserve news and product offerings. Build awareness of Flowserve's competitive advantages
· BSME degree or equivalent, management courses required, MBA a plus.
· 10+ years of commercial front-end and/or comparable sales/customer facing experience, with cross-functional/platform experience preferred.
· Prior supervisory and leadership experience required. Demonstrated leadership style which encourages a collaborative atmosphere and places a high value on employee engagement.
· Excellent organizational skills and a proven track record of achieving objectives and challenging goals.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills both written and verbal.
· Proven attention to detail and process oriented mindset with results driven background.
· Moderate knowledge of Flowserve's industry and portfolio coupled with both technical and commercial expertise.
· Experience with commercial contracts and terms and conditions is preferred.
· Continuous improvement mindset and high degree of comfort with analytical tools and related technologies.
· Some travel will be required.
The Commercial Operations Manager is responsible for leading a team of quoting resources, including matrix resources where applicable, to ensure we are delivering a professional customer-facing experience. The resources are typically regional, sub-regional and/or local, and the role is heavily involved in strategy guidance and prioritization, cross-functional coordination, and overall support and development of team members. As a DSG Leader, this role will enhance our support for our distribution channels and also be responsible for both our pumps and seals distribution Channels. The person will primarily drive year-on-year (YOY) Bookings Growth as per the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and within policy through our distribution channels This position will report direct to the Commercial Operations Director in the region.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Manager, Commercial Operations
Primary Posting Location:
Selangor Darul Ehsan, MY
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: