Flowserve Corporation Control Systems Engineer / PLC Programmer in Vernon, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
• Familiarity with distributed process control (DCS) data historians
• Works with well cross-functional teams (ISG, Engineering, Operations, IT, R&D)
• Develops and maintains detailed documentation, system components and architectures
• Understands OPC, XML, Modbus and other communication technologies
• Demonstrate a working style which is team oriented and values communication, participation and involvement of others
• Able to work effectively with high degrees of self-management making decisions around priorities
• Ability to work closely with customers either face to face or be telephone and is a good verbal and written communicator with a confident and positive manner
• Have a high standard of written and spoken English as well as strong PC skills and experience with MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Additional language skills would be desirable
• Process driven and/or willing to be CIP trained to Lean Certification or above
The Control System Engineer requires recent hands-on PLC Programming experience, this is the essential requirement of this role. He/she will actively participate in managing and executing task schedules to ensure timely completion of all assigned OE project engineered drawings & other duties as assigned. Assist in the reduction of lead-time for production of instrumentation and control drawings per Flowserve standards. Interact with Central Technical Services team, Product & Engineering Specialists, and corporate technology to determine “as needed” solutions to complicated Decoking and Ebullator problems. Work with other Design Engineers to promptly investigate and resolve shop floor problems relating to design or quality issues. Record and report findings, make corrections and help develop and implement permanent, cost effective solutions. Prepares and maintains OE software engineering documentation for application software and control system software development Participate in Factory testing of decoking and ebullating bed reactor software implementation for OE projects Customizes decoking and ebullating bed reactor diagnostic and monitoring software to meet OE project specific requirements Up to 40% travel required
• Qualified degree in Mechatronics, BSME and or Robotics or Electrical Engineering. Masters degree preferred.
• PLC/HMI Programming experience is required.
• 5+ years experience with controls and instrumentation.
• Experience in Control Systems and PLC Ladder Logic and function block diagrams required
• Experience with LabView is required
• Experience with AutoCad is required
• Experience with Allen Bradly software with RSLogix/Studio 5000 required
• Experience with SCADA is a plus
• Experience with AutoCAD Electrical is a plus
• Experience in Microsoft application development technologies such as Visual Basic, Microsoft Office, etc. is a plus
• Understands the IEC, ATEX, FM, CSA, NEMA and IP codes
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Control Systems Engineer / PLC Programmer
Primary Posting Location:
Vernon, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: