Flowserve Corporation Engineer Decoking Specialist in Vernon, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is seeking an Engineer with extensive experience regarding decoking systems operating in the oil refining industry. The Engineer will visit our customer sites throughout the western U.S. and Canada to assess the equipment, and prepare professional, technically sound recommendations regarding maintenance, repair, and/or upgrades. In this customer-facing position, the Engineer will demonstrate a value proposition to our customers by providing technical expertise, by building relationships, and by collaborating with Flowserve’s resources in design, sales, project engineering, and after-market services. Responsibilities include:
· Through in-person visits, assess the performance and status of our customers’ decoking systems.
· As needed, troubleshoot technical problems and provide immediate recommendations for our customers. Provide expertise about successful operation of our products.
· Write reports, including physical observations, engineering analyses, and financial considerations, with independent recommendations for technical solutions regarding maintenance, repair, and/or upgrades.
· Support Flowserve’s Commercial Services engineers in preparing technical scopes for proposals. Support the generation of upgrade quotes, and initiate Life Cycle Cost analysis as needed.
· Support our Service Centers, Field Service, and Project Engineers in complicated repair work and upgrades.
· Collaborate with Sales Engineers to prepare presentations and attend customer management meetings. Assist Sales by maintaining relationships with customers as a decoking expert. Be able to define and communicate Flowserve’s technical strengths and our value proposition for technical solutions through industry, market, and technical knowledge.
· Communicate technical concerns to Flowserve design engineers and manufacturing teams to influence future designs and products. Participate as-needed in design review panels, and support\ root cause analyses.
· Lead technical training about decoking systems for customers and Flowserve personnel in the classroom and in the field. Assist in revising existing training materials, or developing new training materials.
· B.S. in Engineering required, preferably Mechanical Engineering
· Over 10 years of experience building a knowledge base of the design and the operating requirements of pumps, pump systems, decoking units, and decoking equipment.
· Solid understanding of life-cycle costs, with specific knowledge of decoking equipment, so as to make recommendations that will reduce LCC for our customers
· Knowledge of our competitors’ products as needed to develop complete, accurate assessments of systems in operation
· Demonstrated aptitude for solving in-the-field mechanical problems with solid engineering analyses, including failure analysis, and based on feasible economics for the customer
· Skilled in AutoCAD, and able to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
· Financial acumen to understand and discuss return on investment and other financial concerns
· Effective communication skills with an ability to translate technical discussions to all levels of an organization. Must be able to write clear, concise, and grammatically correct reports. Must be able to create PowerPoint presentations, then confidently present to an audience and field questions.
· Must have a professional, collaborative style that encourages communication, removes obstacles, and promotes problem solving and teamwork
· Must be a self-starter with good follow-through, capable of working independently and applying basic project management skills to establish schedules and meet deadlines
· Exhibit a strong customer focus by being responsive to requests for information, taking ownership of problems, and driving to full customer satisfaction.
· Must be able to travel locally and overnight 25%.
· Physical activity is required, often outdoors. Specifically, must have the ability to ascend and descend the stairs and ladders of high decoking towers. Must wear personal protective equipment as required at customer sites
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Engineer Decoking Specialist
Primary Posting Location:
Vernon, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: